A dentist at a reputed Dental Clinic in Dubai says that the only thing constant in a person’s life is change. And the same goes to a person’s smile, as they age their smiles change. When you are younger you will have new teeth erupting and when you get older you will find that you lose your teeth , this make your smile even more vulnerable to change.
If you are wondering why your teeth are constantly on the move, here are some factors that explains it.
Genetics – We all inherit dental characteristics from our parents. For instance, if your parent have badly aligned teeth, then you are most likely to have them too.
Age – Over time, as we age our teeth often the change its dimensions. The lower teeth wear out faster than the upper teeth, since they are small in size. This is called vertical bite collapse and is one of the reasons the skin around our mouths sag as we age. As the teeth wear down, they have a tendency to shift and change positions, making the bite to realign itself each time this happens.
Tooth loss – This is a major cause of teeth, shifting irrespective of your age. As a child, you will lose some teeth and when you do get all your primary teeth you may think you will never have dental problems. However, once you lose your permanent teeth due to various causes like accidents and aging, the surrounding teeth start shifting into that space. For instance, if the bottom teeth are missing, the teeth above will start growing downwards.
Tooth grinding or bruxism – Grinding the hard surfaces of enamel together can wear down, fracture, and crack the teeth. This will make the teeth shorter. Another reason for teeth grinding is the change in the position of the teeth. With grinding your lower teeth will come forward and loosen your lower teeth, and over time your smile can change drastically.
In order to stop your teeth from moving and changing your smile, some of the best dental options include,
- Dental implants – Today, Dental Implants in Dubai take just one day. Why let missing teeth make you uncomfortable and make you feel awkward to smile at a social gathering. With dental implants replacing teeth can be done easily and naturally. You can replace one missing tooth or multiple missing teeth.
- Dental bonding – This procedure uses tooth colored material to bond to the teeth to change the shape, color, and length. So that the teeth are the same as the natural teeth, preventing it from moving or changing.
- Porcelain veneers – This procedure can shape, lengthen and correct minor misalignments of teeth.
- Dental Crowns – This procedure helps with the alignment of the bite, as well as with the change in alignment of front teeth, which can be more extreme. Thereby, making sure your teeth are well aligned.
- Tooth re-contouring – This involves the removal of small amounts of tooth structure from the edges of the teeth to correct a tooth that might be misshapen or slightly misaligned.