Crowns or Veneers in Dubai
Dentist is Dubai are asking parent to stick to some healthy candy options this Halloween. As Halloween is around the corner there are hordes of queer creatures that come out and line up at the door or they are spotted walking around the neighbourhood with outstretched hands waiting to collect their loot in the form of various types of candy.
Most candy, especially the chewy and sticky types and those that refuse to dissolve in the mouth for a long time, like hard candies, are very bad for children’s teeth. Theses candy get stuck in the teeth and coat them with endless quantities of sugar that create harmful bacteria. Therefore, during this time of trick a treating it is good to evalaute the best candy choices for the little gouls and ghosts, as Halloween will not be the same without those sticky treats and sweats.
Here are a list of recommended candy options that will avoid you taking your little one to the dentist for a Dental Cleaning in Dubai as soon as Halloween is over.
- Chocolate – Since most chocolate melts fast in the mouth, and contains calcium which is good for teeth, it is a good choice to give out. The chocolate should be plain chocolate instead of having nuts or chewy centers, which can get hard on the teeth. The small boxes often come in mini sizes, which is good cause there will only be a small serving of these treats in the child’s mouth.
- Sugar free candy – Sugar free candy such as gum or lollipops, can actually stimulate saliva, which is beneficial to the teeth because it eleminates germs and can prevent tooth decay. Sugar free gum is available in many nice flavors and it usually only contains less than 5 calories per serving.
- Powdered treats – Powdered sweet options are a good option as they dissolve in the mouth and can apply directly on the tongue. Since these sweets don’t stick around in the mouth , they have a mild effect on the teeth as opposed to hard candies or sticky candy types.
- Juice boxes – Natural juice that’s in the boxes are a ideal treat and does not harm the teeth. Juice will also keep your little one hydrated during the time they go trick or treating. Make sure to look for the products that have a higher percentage of juice and has no added sugar as these will be better for the teeth.
- Non sweet treats -Children don’t like to go to homes that do not handout candy. Therefore, consider handing out small tubs of play dough, bouncy balls, bottles of bubble bowers, glow sticks, vampire teeth, or temporary tattoos instead as a alternative to candy.
The Dental Clinic in Dubai advises parents is to feed children before they go out trick or treating. That way they will have a full stomach and are less likely to start binging on their haul of sweets then they come home. Encourage them to eat the sweets after meals and brush twice daily or after every meal.