Wisdom tooth is the ‘third molar’ and it holds an important position among the other forms of tooth. It is the last type of teeth to erupt in the mouth of a human. But, the period in which the wisdom tooth or the teeth that breaks the gum tissue and erupts is very difficult. Most importantly, many might suffer from problems like not having sufficient space in the mouth for the wisdom tooth or teeth. Thus, wisdom tooth extraction is an important service offered in many Dubai dental clinics.
Dentists might suggest the option of tooth extraction if the wisdom tooth is erupting sideways or has erupted only through halfway or has been trapped. Wisdom tooth extraction would only be to relieve an infection and the terrible pain caused as a result of these conditions. This is a type of oral surgery that is highly demanded and that is often recommended by dentists in Dubai. Anyhow, it involves a surgical procedure which is completely different from the general tooth extraction. Therefore, keep in mind to consult an oral surgeon from the dentists in Dubai for a safe oral surgery.
The consulted dentist in Dubai dental clinics would give you a generally accepted anesthesia to numb the area in which the wisdom tooth or teeth exist. It will put you to sleep through the whole procedure and prevent you from whole pain in your whole body. Generally, dentists in Dubai would advice you not to drink or eat anything after midnight prior to the night before the set date of the surgery.
Then, the surgeon would open up the gum tissue above the concerned tooth or teeth and remove the bone which covers the tooth. Then the tissue linking the tooth to the bone is separated while allowing the tooth to be removed. Sometimes dentists may remove the tooth or the concerned teeth in small pieces.
After the removal of tooth or teeth, stitches would be put in to place. Some stitches would dissolve but sometimes some stitches need to removed few days later.
However, there are risks involved with the surgical procedure of wisdom tooth extraction. They can be listed out as below. Thus, it is essential to bear them in mind before visiting dentists in Dubai. It would ensure that you receive safe wisdom tooth removal.
- Unbearable pain and swelling in your gums and tooth socket
- Heavy bleeding that would continue nearly for 24 hours
- Pain and difficulty when opening the jaw
- Gums that heal comparatively slowly
- Damages to crowns, bridges or to roots of nearby tooth
- Painful inflammation that happens when the protective blood clot is missed too soon
- Numbness in mouth, especially the lips when the anesthetic wears off as a result of injury or inflammation of nerves in the jaw
- Some uncommon side effects such as:
- Continuous numbness in the mouth or lips
- An injured jaw (if the tooth was strongly attached to the jaw bone)
- Persistent sinus opening