Top Dentist in Dubai – A Short Guide on Orthognathic Surgery in Dubai
Orthognathic surgery also known as corrective jaw surgery or simply jaw surgery, is the surgical procedure designed to correct conditions of the jaw and face in relation to its structure that cannot be easily corrected with braces.
This surgery corrects the defects, injuries and diseases affecting the hard and soft tissues of the face and jaw region. The surgery involves improvement of the functional and aesthetic aspects of the jaw and face. This procedure is also referred to as oral and maxillofacial surgery.
read more about Top Dentist in Dubai
How to Decide if You Need One?
Ideally it is an oral and maxillofacial specialist which will be the judge for this question. However for a basic understanding of the readers, we have compiled a possible list of indications which might help you arrive at a conclusion:
Facial cyst or jaw tumor
Temporomandibular joint disorder
- Bone displacement after facial trauma
- Incorrect/faulty jaw alignment
- Facial pain and infections
- Cleft lip and palate
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Facial aesthetic improvement
As mentioned earlier a dental healthcare specialist will be the best judge to let you know if you need orthognathic surgery or not. Dubai has been promoting itself and striving hard to be the top destination for medical tourism. It has already attracted the best of medical minds from all over the world to set up their branches there.
Dental tourism is becoming one of the sought out areas. With best-in-class technology and equipped clinics and hospitals, Dubai has been able to carve a name for itself.
Today you can find a top dentist in Dubai who has clinics all over the world. And orthognathic surgery is the top procedure for which people from all over the globe flock towards Dubai. If you are of the view that maxillofacial procedure is for you, then you need to consult a specialist which will help you with the following:
- Evaluate and formulate a treatment plan and also place implants to replace the missing teeth
- Surgically reconstruct inadequate bone structure in the jaw area to improve its aesthetics
- Treat and heal injuries to the face, jaws, teeth and mouth
- Treat and help provide relief in case of head and neck trauma
- Perform corrective jaw surgery for patients with cleft lip and palate, and other congenital abnormalities
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of sleep apnea
- Perform facial cosmetic procedures to enhance facial appearance and function
Types of Surgical Procedures
There is no one universal surgical procedure for correcting the facial and jaw region. It completely depends on patient to patient as each case is unique. Depending on the condition of the patient, the correct technique or type of orthognathic surgery is performed. The main types are as follows:
- Corrective jaw or orthognathic surgery
- Surgery for facial trauma
- Facial cosmetic surgery
- Temporomandibular joint surgery
- Surgery for snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
To be the first clinic in the Middle East offering ”same day dental implants” and cater for people with busy lives who want dental implants and teeth fitted in the same day. It is our goal to take the SameDay Dental Implants service further afield and open new facilities in Abu Dhabi and Doha in the immediate future.
With our team of Specialist Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, Prosthodontists and Master Dental Technicians available all under one roof, using the latest CAT Scans and 3-D technology, patients in the Middle East have access to effective and painless ‘’same day dental implant’’ treatment on their doorstep without having to travel to Europe / USA.