Excessive Teeth Whitening
A condition called bleachorexia is the name for a new diagnosis, for people who are obsessed with teeth Whitening in Dubai. It is a condition where a person is consumed with the quest of making their pearly whites spotless with teeth whitening treatments and teeth bleaching products, that are harmful towards ones oral health.
If you have identified yourself as a person who has this disorder, you should not pursue with anymore teeth cleaning in Dubai, but set some realistic expectation for your teeth. I mean after all teeth are being used to eat and drink many types of food and they do have regular wear and tear, teeth cannot be made to look spotless all the time. Teeth naturally become stained. What people who get a teeth Bleaching in Dubai regularly don’t realize is that the teeth will not be any whiter than they were before as it also changes the natural color of the teeth.
These agents work well on yellow stained teeth, not as much on brown teeth or grayish colored teeth. Teeth whitening or bleaching may not have a significant effect on teeth that are discolored by fluoride or antibiotics as well.
Some of the approved dental bleaching and whitening products include,
- In-office teeth bleaching. Done by an experienced dentist at the dental office by using a protective gel or rubber shield to the gums, and then applying a bleaching agent to the teeth. This procedure may take between 30 minutes to 1 hour per session.
- At-home bleaching. Some dentist can provide the patient with an at home dental bleaching or whitening kit to use at home. The kit includes a bleaching solution in gel form and a custom-made mouth guard to hold the gel in place. The mouth guard should be worn as directed by the dentist. Over the counter bleaching and cleaning kits are not approved so it’s very risk using them.
- Teeth whitening toothpastes. This does not give the desired effect instantly. If you are waiting for your teeth to turn white, it’s going to be a long wait. Whitening tooth pastes only make your teeth clean, like when you have a dentist perform a Dental Cleaning in Dubai. It does not bleach or whiten the teeth as expected.
If teeth bleaching is done properly, it can have the effect your desire, but if it’s overdone it can harm your teeth, causing them to get translucent, making them look even less whiter.
Some of the risks involved in bleachorexia are,
- Hypersensitivity – making your teeth very sensitive.
- Oral irritation and side effects. The gums, palate, and throat can become irritated. Some patients have experienced nausea, due to accidentally swallowing the bleaching solution.
- Tooth enamel erosion. Improper or regular use of the home bleaching or whitening kits can lead to the outer coating of the teeth wearing out. Therefore, its best to stick to products that are approved by the dental association if Dubai.
Remember that if your teeth are whiter that the whites of your eyes it is not natural or healthy.